Saturday, November 29, 2008

Facebook

This is the end of the road for my blog on life in Spain. Mainly because I no longer live there (and won't be moving back anytime soon), but also because I've (e)migrated my contact with my friends to Facebook, which I find a much better way of staying in touch. If I make further entries here it will be to do a bit of politicking. One of my good friends from the last project I worked on in Spain has taken up the cause I see.

I will still be visiting Blogger from time to time to check up on what's going on in Spain.

3 comments:

Katherine and Pippa said...

Shame, I enjoy reading your blog.

Are you down as El Casareno Ingles in Facebook? Suspect not.

Kate

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you've been forced to take this action, but for every horror story there are plenty like my own. I've been living up in Galicia for the last 18 years & the proverbial wild horses wouldn't drag me back to the UK. Casares is a tiny hilltop village in Andalucía, right? I think it's dangerous to consider your experiences there as indicative of life for British immigrants in the country as a whole. Dish dirt on the xenophobes of your 'pueblo blanco' by all means, but tarring the rest of the country's inhabitants with the same brush (if that's your intention) is a little unfair, in my humble opinion.

Best of luck,
Mac.

El Casareño Inglés said...

Mac,

It has always been my intention to focus my attention on those responsible for the situation we are in, be it the local school teachers, ayuntamiento, Junta de Andalucia or the Spanish national government. Clearly the individuals involved will be exposed in time, but some of the responsibility also lies further up the government for allowing these things to go on unpunished.

I have no beef with the Spanish people in general; some of my best friends are Spanish, and as you can read in the blog, one or two are very close to our family and we would never hurt them by insulting their country or countrymen.

We will expose those individuals responsible for the rascist treatment we received and we will expose those arms of government that either allowed or fostered this reprehensible behaviour in their organisations.