Fines for traffic offences are in the following ranges:
For leves: up to €90
For graves (serious): €91 - €300
For muy graves (very serious): €301 - €600,
AND (Article 67.2 refers) for the following muy graves: €301 - €1500
- Failure to identify the driver of the vehicle where an offence has been committed.
- Driving without a licence
- Driving an unregistered vehicle or failure to comply with the administrative requirements.
- Failure to comply with driving school requirements
- Failure to comply with driver re-education requirements
- Failure to comply with the requirements on industrial activities re road safety
All those expats in non-MOT'd UK reg cars may well fall foul to no. 3 above. Even if it has an MOT, if it has been driven for more than 6 months in Spain you could be done under that clause.